The Miller Prize awards a $25,000 cash prize to a promising student-led venture working on innovative tech or tech-enabled solutions. In addition to the potential prize money, the competition provides opportunities for mentorship, feedback, and networking.
- February 1, 2021: Optional mentorship request form opens
- February 21, 2021: Optional mentorship request form closes (mentors are assigned on a rolling basis)
- February 22, 2021: Startup Yale application opens
- March 21, 2021: Startup Yale application deadline
- April 11, 2021 (approximately): Finalists selected
- April 30 or May 1, 2021: Finalists participate in a live pitch event as part of Startup Yale.
Over the years, the Miller Prize has supported many tech or tech-enabled student ventures.
Questions about the Miller Prize?
For questions about the Miller Prize, contact Kassie Tucker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Miller Prize is part of Startup Yale, a collaboration between the Yale Center for Business and the Environment, InnovateHealth Yale, Dwight Hall, Yale School of Management Program on Entrepreneurship, and the Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale. On April 29-May 1, this event will virtually bring together Yale’s entrepreneurs in three days packed with pitches, prizes, and world-changing ideas. Over $125k of prizes will be awarded to the finalists, including:
- Sabin Sustainable Venture Prize ($25k)
- Thorne Prize for Social Innovation in Health or Education ($25k)
- Rita Wilson Prize Fund in Support of Innovation and Entrepreneurship ($10k)
- New Haven Civic Innovation Prize ($10k)
- Rothberg Catalyzer Prize ($15k)
- Yale Innovators' Prize ($15k)
- Miller Prize ($25k)