The tutorial addresses startup financials from basic concepts to more advanced techniques, making it suitable for participants with a range of financial backgrounds: from first-time entrepreneurs who are just getting started to experienced professionals who need a refresher. It helps if you're actively working on a new venture, but if not, the content will still be interesting and relevant. Through a mixture of videos, templates, and examples, these tutorials helps budding entrepreneurs build a well-developed model from the ground up.
Over the course of the seven modules, participants will learn financial modeling techniques and build their own financial models from a provided template. Each module will include a video, slides, and an associated template or example. The modules can be conducted asynchronously, on your own time.
The tutorial is hosted on Circle, an interactive online community for anyone interested in Tsai CITY (there’s no need to be formally Yale affiliated). To get started, please follow the instructions below:
1. Sign up for Tsai CITY’s circle community via the below link:
2. Once you sign up, you’ll automatically get an email inviting you to the platform. Open the email, and click the “Accept Invitation” button.
3. Complete the instructions to create an account.
4. When you’re part of the community, click the menu button (the three lines on the top left). Then navigate to “Storytelling with Spreadsheets.”
5. Now you’re in! You can work through the modules at your own pace.