The Investing in Innovation Intensive is a hands-on, project-based workshop series where students learn how to invest in innovative, early-stage ventures.
This cohort-based program will gather 12-15 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students drawn from across the University who will participate in a program that spans the fall and spring terms. The core program components include:
- Online lessons on venture capital fundamentals;
- Weekly in-person sessions that will include training, guest speaker conversations, and occasional student presentations;
- Real-live projects sourced from US VC firms that have partnered with Tsai CITY; and
- Opportunities to advise, mentor, and invest in ventures founded by Yale students.
By completing the intensive, students will:
- Develop marketable skills such as constructing and pitching an investment thesis, writing a persuasive investment memo, and advising entrepreneurs.
- Create a portfolio of project-based work they can use to demonstrate their knowledge of venture capital and communicate their investing lens.
- Learn from seasoned investors who will participate as occasional guest speakers.
- Receive mentorship from VC partners and Tsai CITY staff.