The CSG is open to all Yale students who want to make a positive impact in regards to climate change: both those who may feel overwhelmed and uncertain of where to start or how to make an impact and those who already have a climate change idea and want supportive environment to work on it. No prior experience is necessary.
CSG participants will:
- Gain skills and tools that will empower them to approach the problem of climate change,
- Explore their personal values as a changemaker,
- Develop a network within a community of innovators,
- Design the framework for a climate change solution,
- Pitch their idea to a panel of climate innovation experts and receive constructive feedback, and
- Create a tangible summary of the process of ideating the solution (participants will have the opportunity to publish their work and the intensive will also serve as a foundation to pursue funding and/or other next steps to develop the solution further).
During CSG, students will work in small groups to identify and develop an innovative solution that creates meaningful impact in solving the global challenge of climate change. Solutions may include entrepreneurial ideas, social innovations, impact investing theses, policy design, and other projects. Over six weeks, the program will feature a weekly curriculum of skill-building workshops and guest speakers, covering critical aspects of climate change innovation from design-thinking to policy innovation to financing models. Students will gain an understanding of systems thinking and what it takes to create meaningful and effective change through innovation and entrepreneurship.
By the end of the CSG, teams will have completed the ideation stage of innovation and will be ready to move on to the next stages of development, like applying for seed-stage grants (including CBEY’s ClimateInnovation Grant). Each team will present their innovations to experts and will receive feedback on their ideas. Additionally, teams will prepare short reports which they will have the opportunity to publish online. Students will leave the CSG with a stronger understanding of their personal values and skill sets as well as a community of changemakers who can serve as a support network during their future innovative endeavors.
Join a community of students across Yale who are passionate about climate change solutions and connect with mentors, professionals, and professors who are leaders in the area of climate change and innovation.
Learn innovation skills that apply across multiple professional and personal situations.
Develop expertise in the key challenges in addressing climate change and generate ideas for cutting-edge solutions.
A chance to have your work showcased on a public platform.
Dates: This program will meet virtually once a week from Early-February through Mid-March 2021.
- Applications closed on Sunday, December 13, 2020.