The Tsai CITY Launch Pad is designed to take early-stage founders to the next level with their ventures through asynchronous and synchronous teachings that can be immediately applied to your venture. It creates a safe space for like-minded innovators to reflect on what they have learned so far and to make additional progress on their ideas.
Launch Pad Resources
- Core content and elective workshops to help you build your idea
- A student Portfolio Manager dedicated to helping you develop and test your idea
- One-on-one sessions with industry experts
- Access to Tsai CITY’s various funding sources
- The chance to join an awesome community of innovators from around Yale!
Application and Criteria
To participate in the Launch Pad, you should meet the following criteria:
- You can clearly articulate your idea and the problem you are trying to solve.
- You have researched it sufficiently to answer basic questions about your target customers and key competitors.
- You can describe how you might implement this idea in a way that is sustainable over time.
- You can share what milestones you have reached.
- You have the first prototype and have begun working on customer/user discovery (Examples of first prototypes include the first recipe; paper-prototype sketch; unedited film; program proposal; first draft of a series; pilot designed or running; the number of potential users interviewed or surveyed.).
The Launch Pad is part of a broader venture development sequence at Tsai CITY: if you are further along in your project, our Accelerator or Summer Fellowship might be a fit. The Launch Pad, Accelerator, and Summer Fellowship share a common application.
*Programming has ended for the spring semester. Subscribe to our newsletter for more updates about this and other programs/events happening at Tsai CITY.